Ideal for Work, Travel or EVERYDAY!
(For info about fabrics we’ve used in our samples,
scroll down to read the blog post featuring that particular sample OR…click HERE)
Wear it as a BackPack, a ChestPack or even Shoulder-style!
Plenty of room for your important work stuff & your more important play stuff!
Outer drop-down pocket can be accessed with or without unclipping the side-release buckle.
Oodles of Storage – roomy zippered pouch pocket for secure storage
Perfect for keys, phone, glasses, makeup & MORE!
PLUS a hidden, easy-to-reach storage niche that seals shut w/a reassuring SNAP!
A zippered back pocket for easy access to documents or travel papers!
Sized perfectly for an iPad Air (or smaller).
Our 1st true Unisex Bag!
Perfect for guys AND gals!
Choose more neutral, even masculine fabric combinations to create a “Man Bag’ your guy will love carrying for work or travel!
Color Pictorial Helps (and a correction for step 25)…
are just a click away!
Click the link below for an important pattern labeling correction for step 25.
Click on the links below to access a few color pdf’s
that might be helpful during the following construction steps!
- Steps A1- A4 : Placing & Stitching Magnetic Snaps in place
- Step D1: Stitching Corner Darts in place
- Steps 18-19 : Stitching in the 1st Zipper Pouch in Lining
- Step 16f : Shortening Your Purse Zipper
- Step 20 : Securing Side Edge of Zipper
- Steps 27 a+b : Adding Top & Bottom Niche
- Steps 28 – 30 : Adding the Final Zipper Pouch
- Steps 45 : Securing the Puffy Areas on the Bag Back
We used “Skylines” by Hoffman Fabrics to create the beautiful cover sample for our Sling Along pattern and NOW we can make that fabric (along with a layout of how we used it for this sample) available to you on our website!
Watch how the Sling Along pattern
Purse Dimensions: 12" X 8" X 5"
- Exterior- 1/2 yard (w/enough leftover to make ample bias tape)
- Contrast- 1/2 yard
- Lining- 7/8 yard
- fusible interfacing- 1/8 yard x 20" wide (we recommend Craft Fuse by Pellon)
- fusible fleece- 1/4 yard x 46" wide (we recommend Thermolan by Pellon)
- foam stabilizer- one- 10" X 36" piece (we recommend Soft & Stable by Annie, or the equivalent)
Other Supplies Needed
- one- 10" closed bottom zipper
- one- 22" purse zipper (closed at both ends w/two zipper heads)
- one- sew-in magnetic snaps
- one- 1" wide plastic side release buckle (metal is a heavier but acceptable option)
- three- 1" wide D-rings
- one- 1 1/2" wide slide buckle
- one- 1 1/2" wide swivel snap hook
- 50"- 1 1/2" wide nylon webbing (for Strap)
- 12"- 1" wide nylon webbing (for clip links)