(For information about the fabrics we’ve used in these samples, click HERE)
The Flaptastic Bag features are as follows:
- Roomy front pocket storage secured with a sew-in invisible magnet– the perfect place to store your sunglasses & smart phone! Fits smart phones of ALL sizes & brands, PLUS there’s also….
- BONUS storage for credit/loyalty cards: slot storage is included for 12 cards!
- TWO zippered pockets: to keep small, loose items are secure & easy to locate!
- OODLES of interior space– there’s plenty of room for everyday items PLUS your iPad!
- An extra-comfy wide shoulder strap– adjustable for optional cross-body wear!
- a Secure zippered closure– to keep your valuable safe in a crowd.
And Color Pictorial Helps… are just a click away!
Click on the links below to access a few color pdf’s
that might be helpful during the following construction steps!
- Steps A1 + C1: Placing & Stitching Mag Snaps in Place
- Steps 23-24: Attaching & Securing Pocket to Bag Front
- Steps 25-26: Attaching & Securing Bag Wall to Bag Front
- Step 43: Attaching Bag Lining to Bag Exterior
Purse Dimensions: 12" X 9.5" X 4.5"
- (extra fabric may be needed for directional prints)
- Exterior- 1/2 yard
- Lining- 3/4 yard
- Contrast- 1/2 yard (for Pocket Flap, Strap Liner & Credit Card Slots)
(we recommend that this fabric be in direct contrast to the main exterior fabric)
- Blender- 1/3 yard (for Front Pocket, Bag Front & Zip Panels)
(we recommend that this fabric be one that blends with the main exterior fabric)
- Fusible Interfacing- 7/8 yard X 20" wide (we recommend Fashion Fuse by Bosal)
- Fusible Fleece- 1/3 yard X 46" wide (we recommend Thermolam by Pellon)
- Soft & Stable by Annie- one 12.5" X 27.5" piece
Other Supplies Needed
- 1 each- 3/4" sew-in invisible magnetic snap
- 1 each- 12" (or longer) separating zipper
- 2 each- 10" (or longer) closed bottom zippers
- 2 each- 1.5" wide rectangle rings
- 1 each- 1.5" wide slide buckle
- 54 inches- 1.5" wide nylon webbing (for Strap)