(For information about the fabrics we’ve used in these samples, click HERE)
Release Your Inner Fashionista!
The Perfect Travel Companion
•FIVE zippered storage areas
•FOUR interior storage pouches
•a large zippered back pocket – terrific for items you larger items
•an adjustable nylon strap. Shoulder it, or wear it cross-body and go hands-free.
•The Flap is a terrific size and shape to showcase a great blockprint or for easy embellishing.
•And best of all- it works perfectly with the PortaPockets Insert!
And after you’ve purchased your pattern…
Come Back and download these Color Pictorial Helps!
- Steps C1: Magnet Preparation
- Step 9: Magnet Placement
- Steps 15-16: Applying Biastape to Flap
- Steps 23-24: Curved Pocket
- Steps 27-32: Phone Pocket Zippers
- Step 38: Exterior Assembly
- Steps 47-49: Zipper Panels
- Step 50: Installing Zipper Panels
- Steps 53-60: Zipper Caps
- Step 62: Final Topstitching
Do you like this segmented Flap treatment?
Click here to get
your FREE pattern pieces!
Purse Dimensions: 9.5" X 9" X 4"
- (You may need more fabric if you are using directional prints)
- Exterior Fabric: 1/3 yd.
- Contrast (Flap area & Back Pocket): 1/4 yd.
- Lining: 1 1/8 yd.
- Soft & Stable: one 29" X 11" piece (we recommend Soft & Stable, but Fusible fleece may be substituted)
- Fusible Interfacing: one 12" X 5" piece (We recommend CraftFuse TM or the equivalent.)
- Fusible Fleece: 1/4 yd. (We recommend Thermolan TM or the equivalent.)
Other Supplies Needed
- 1 each- 1" wide metal link
- 1 each- 1" wide metal slide
- 1 each- 16" (or longer) separating zipper (instructions for shortening zipper are included)
- 1 each- 12" (or longer) nylon zipper (instructions for shortening zipper are included)
- 1 each- 9" (or longer) nylon zipper (instructions for shortening zipper are included)
- 2 each- 7" (or longer) nylon zippers (instructions for shortening zipper are included)
- 2 each- 3/4" invisible sew-in magnetic snap (standard style clamp-in magnetic snap may be substituted)
- 60 inches- 1" wide nylon webbing