This new question & answer series has already proven to be quite popular, and you know what? It’s kinda fun from our end too, so let’s continue the fun with another question that we receive on a regular basis and that would be,
|Our very 1st pattern, The Apropos Pack|
This is actually a pretty interesting question, and in order to answer it properly we’ll need to rewind the clock to early 2004 and the months leading up to our very 1st pattern release…
Here’s what I found out;
1) the intermediate to experienced ability-level was very much under-served at this point, and
2) the Market was ripe for interesting and modern silhouettes that offered oodles of storage possibilities.
And you know what? This was music to my ears, because this was the exact target audience I had in mind for my new pattern line! So I dove right in head first and I’m still swimming with this school of thought 9 years later!
“When will you be adding an easy handbag pattern to your line?”
(and now they probably won’t surprise you, right?)
|Our newest pattern, The Uptown Saddlebag|
- I really do not recommend our pattern line for beginners.
- With the exception of the Reuse-a-Bag (which really isn’t a handbag at all), our designs are not quick and easy Saturday afternoon projects.
- No, I really have no plans to add a beginner pattern to our line at this time.
First of all, it’s not my vision. I’ve learned the hard way that I really don’t do my best work unless I’m all in… or totally inspired by a project.
So… if you are a beginner, or if you are looking for a quick & easy Sunday afternoon handbag project, then my advice is to check out the following websites. I know each of these ladies personally and I can recommend their work wholeheartedly!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, please feel free to share it via FaceBook or Twitter